Monday, February 25, 2008

The New Decorative Modern in Philadelphia

I am seeing more modern interior design in Philadelphia mixing in decorative and floral elements. Most often this means mixing large pattern wallpapers and furniture that is reminiscent of early French pieces in with very modern pieces. I think my wife, interior designer Michelle Waldo of Michelle Waldo Interiors, did a pretty great job of this for a photography studio here in Philadelphia recently.

Philadelphia modern interior design by Michelle WaldoI like the frames on the wall, the modern couch and the trippy modernized classic chairs that face it. And then there's the pink - which with the white floor (that doesn't show at all in this pic) is pretty cool.

(Note: So I’ve avoided mentioning Michelle's work as a modern designer in this blog because doing so would seem like an advertorial – but I give up. I think she’s one of the best modern interior designers in Philadelphia. I also think this room merits attention, so I hope you don't mind that I point it out).

No comments: